This site is super-new. I'm still building it and setting it up.
Click here to read URB's first post, which really doesn't tell you too much about me.
But, worry not, all will be revealed in time. And I do mean all. (OK, not really.)

Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome!

Greetings, salutations and a big friggin' hola! Welcome to Untitled Running Blog.

I imagine right now you might be asking, "What is Untitled Running Blog?" (I'm imagining that, because clearly you're not ACTUALLY asking it.)

However, to answer the aforementioned unasked question, URB is many things, not the least of which is my blog. It's something born out of my first marathon. It's something to track the progress of my training for future races. It's something borrowed, something blue.

URB is designed to help me stay motivated and maybe even help motivate others. It certainly will help relieve me of some of my precious spare time. I'll be sharing the assorted minutiae of what passes for my training, my reflections on said minutiae, and whatever other random thoughts I feel like spewing forth (again, my blog) as I make my way toward my running goals.

If we cross our fingers and I keep up on my EPO shots, perhaps there even will be an original or semi-interesting morsel every few months. As for humor, if this inaugural post is any indication, the only jokes will be my split times (rimshot).

Which is fine with me. If I should find the inspiration to be funny on occasion, so be it. If you want reliably funny, the best you can expect from me is the bathroom humor, because, let's face it, poop is usually reliable (for most of us, at least) and ALWAYS funny. See what I mean?

But, above all, URB is about my self-amusement. I don't expect to be amused by being some ego-stroking, super-sarcastic jerkwad blogger who has to cut down others to feel better about himself. (But if it works, I'll take it!)

So keep pace with me, if you like. Just don't be surprised if I ask you to massage my calves.

No comments: